Hola folks, and those of you who are new to my page hello, my name is Lauren Rhodes and I am a life enthusiast. (no really I am) hahaha well that’s what I call myself anyway. I feel as though I was put on this earth to do something extraordinary to not only change my life but alter those around me to view life as something much greater than most value it. I am sure for those of you whole have been following my page since I started it, you know how passionate I am for motivational speeches and personal perseverance. But to those of you who are new, I’d like to welcome you to my journey through life.
I know I haven’t posted in two weeks (shame on me) I have ZERO excuse after starting to read the book “I am that girl” but IM BACK. (p.s. It’s a really good book)
This time I am here to tell you that I have recently got the opportunity to shoot with some amazing talent this past weekend to create some awesome “fashion photos”.
I am extremely excited to share those with you guys when I receive them back fully edited, but for now I just wanted to give you guys a little update as in how my goals are going so far in 2018.
January was GREAT.
I pinned up in my room some small goals I have accomplished in such a short amount of time in January.
Goals Crushed In January:
- Read 2 books
- Made my bed daily
- Kept room and bathroom clean
- Started working out on a regular day basis
- Maintained a healthy diet
- Kept a positive mind
- Stayed focus
I’d say this is a pretty solid list that I made happen in 31 days. Crazy right?
Well now February is upon us and nearly halfway over and I felt like I got stuck in a root. But I figured out I just needed to focus on the things that truly mattered and put my happiness first (as you all should).
So here’s to a great rest of February,
52 ways to live a KICK-ASS life
ATTENTION LADIES. I just completed the book 52 ways to live a kick-ass life and man do I truly believe every women across the world should read it at least ONCE. This book is not only inspiring but shows you ways to go about life differently in order to live your true potential. It will help you grow in all areas of your life.
I believe everyone has a purpose here on earth and it is your job to find it. Most of us get lost on the road to finding our purpose and get stuck living the “mediocre life”. I’d be damned if I ever let myself drift down that path (which I’m sure we all have for a little bit) but the important part is to be able to reevaluate and get back on your path to awesomeness. I believe Andrea Owen does a wonderful job of explaining how to live YOUR kick-ass life. She offers so many tips and tricks, which include new ways of thinking or doing things. In my words, she offers a helping hand full of wisdom in which every girl needs to hear. Her story will leave you broken at first but by the end you will be praising her because damn did she kick some ass during her life. (goal wise lol)
I have taken so many important things out of her book and applied them to my day-to-day life to insure I too can live a KICK-ASS LIFE. So I will now leave you some of the quotes within her book and what they mean to me. But trust me, you don’t want to muss out on this book, such an inspirational read.
- “Don’t let lingering negative feelings about what happened to you in the past limit who you can be in the future”. I took this quote and engraved it on my heart. Don’t let anyone or anything that has happened to you in the past determine your future. It’s so true. So I now leave by the “5 by 5 rule” if it doesn’t matter in 5 years don’t spend more than 5 minutes stressing about it. Leave the past in the PAST.
- “Other people’s negative thoughts about you are simply reflections of themselves”. Ever think like that? If you havent that’s okay, but really think about that quote. I mean come on we all have at least one person who despise us for no reason and guess what, THAT’S FINE. You are not here to make anyone but yourself happy. So let them think what they want, because at the end of the day it only reflects what kind of person they are.
- “Trust that you were meant for and are capable of greatness”. What a deep statement. We all lose trust in ourselves when we fail. We tend to rush into what makes us feel comfortable and get scared to step foot outside of our own bubble again. This is where you must learn to confine in yourself that you are CAPABLE OF GREATNESS. You my friend can have everything and anything on this planet if you can just, trust yourself.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE 52 WAYS TO LIVE A KICK-ASS LIFE