Hola folks, and those of you who are new to my page hello, my name is Lauren Rhodes and I am a life enthusiast. (no really I am) hahaha well that’s what I call myself anyway. I feel as though I was put on this earth to do something extraordinary to not only change my life but alter those around me to view life as something much greater than most value it. I am sure for those of you whole have been following my page since I started it, you know how passionate I am for motivational speeches and personal perseverance. But to those of you who are new, I’d like to welcome you to my journey through life.
I know I haven’t posted in two weeks (shame on me) I have ZERO excuse after starting to read the book “I am that girl” but IM BACK. (p.s. It’s a really good book)
This time I am here to tell you that I have recently got the opportunity to shoot with some amazing talent this past weekend to create some awesome “fashion photos”.
I am extremely excited to share those with you guys when I receive them back fully edited, but for now I just wanted to give you guys a little update as in how my goals are going so far in 2018.
January was GREAT.
I pinned up in my room some small goals I have accomplished in such a short amount of time in January.
Goals Crushed In January:
- Read 2 books
- Made my bed daily
- Kept room and bathroom clean
- Started working out on a regular day basis
- Maintained a healthy diet
- Kept a positive mind
- Stayed focus
I’d say this is a pretty solid list that I made happen in 31 days. Crazy right?
Well now February is upon us and nearly halfway over and I felt like I got stuck in a root. But I figured out I just needed to focus on the things that truly mattered and put my happiness first (as you all should).
So here’s to a great rest of February,
52 ways to live a KICK-ASS life
ATTENTION LADIES. I just completed the book 52 ways to live a kick-ass life and man do I truly believe every women across the world should read it at least ONCE. This book is not only inspiring but shows you ways to go about life differently in order to live your true potential. It will help you grow in all areas of your life.
I believe everyone has a purpose here on earth and it is your job to find it. Most of us get lost on the road to finding our purpose and get stuck living the “mediocre life”. I’d be damned if I ever let myself drift down that path (which I’m sure we all have for a little bit) but the important part is to be able to reevaluate and get back on your path to awesomeness. I believe Andrea Owen does a wonderful job of explaining how to live YOUR kick-ass life. She offers so many tips and tricks, which include new ways of thinking or doing things. In my words, she offers a helping hand full of wisdom in which every girl needs to hear. Her story will leave you broken at first but by the end you will be praising her because damn did she kick some ass during her life. (goal wise lol)
I have taken so many important things out of her book and applied them to my day-to-day life to insure I too can live a KICK-ASS LIFE. So I will now leave you some of the quotes within her book and what they mean to me. But trust me, you don’t want to muss out on this book, such an inspirational read.
- “Don’t let lingering negative feelings about what happened to you in the past limit who you can be in the future”. I took this quote and engraved it on my heart. Don’t let anyone or anything that has happened to you in the past determine your future. It’s so true. So I now leave by the “5 by 5 rule” if it doesn’t matter in 5 years don’t spend more than 5 minutes stressing about it. Leave the past in the PAST.
- “Other people’s negative thoughts about you are simply reflections of themselves”. Ever think like that? If you havent that’s okay, but really think about that quote. I mean come on we all have at least one person who despise us for no reason and guess what, THAT’S FINE. You are not here to make anyone but yourself happy. So let them think what they want, because at the end of the day it only reflects what kind of person they are.
- “Trust that you were meant for and are capable of greatness”. What a deep statement. We all lose trust in ourselves when we fail. We tend to rush into what makes us feel comfortable and get scared to step foot outside of our own bubble again. This is where you must learn to confine in yourself that you are CAPABLE OF GREATNESS. You my friend can have everything and anything on this planet if you can just, trust yourself.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE 52 WAYS TO LIVE A KICK-ASS LIFE
The biggest dream killer of man kind. Doubt. We tend to let our brains take over and allow ourselves to get lost in the though of doubt. Ever have a dream so big it scares you? GREAT. That means you are doing something right. But have you pushed that dream off due to “what ifs”? Such as “what if I fail trying”, “what if I wasn’t suppose to take that career path”, “what if people judge me”, the list goes on and on FOREVER. Your brain will think of every possible way NOT to start so you can stay in your comfort zone and not experience pain or failure. Truth is, WE ALL FAIL. If you don’t fail at least once on your path to greatness you haven’t tried hard enough. Trust me no one who is sitting on 6 figures got there over night without a pinch of stress or failure behind them. So whats keeping you from achieving your greatness?
Step back and look at your life and answer these three questions. If you answer no to any of them I want you to reread the paragraph above and figure out where it is you want to go.
Are you where you want to be in your life?
If you died tomorrow would you be satisfied with your life?
Are you living your purpose?
Remember, do what makes YOU happy, not others.
As we all think about our day-to-day lives we are constantly looking for new things to try, or do. (I know I am at least) We get tired of our every day rituals, so somethings we tend to lose focus on the important things and start focusing on how much we resent our lives. We can all as human, hope, pray and beg for success, but until we take action some things will NEVER change. I am a firm believer in the word “manifest” if you can see it clearly in your own mind, you can make it happen. But instead of viewing your goal as a huge mountain, view them as a set of stairs. Each step holds an important part of your journey so there is no need to jump ahead and try to race to the finish line because I promise you will only get pushed back down to start all over.
TAKE YOUR TIME.
People don’t just wake up one morning and BAM they are billionaires (well unless they won the lottery lol) but you get what I’m trying to say here. You must hustle but never blame yourself for not being an overnight hit, because THOSE DONT EXIST. Justin Bieber was my ALL time favorite as a child and still to this day he remains a phenomenal artist. Most people think “he was lucky” or “he was an overnight hit” or “he was born with talent”. Truth is? He didn’t get lucky, he worked his ass off, singing in front of hundreds of people, sitting outside of theaters in Canada singing with his suitcase open hoping for a dollar, he was on his grind my friends. He didn’t succeed overnight, sure his video on YouTube got scouted and that’s how he signed his first deal. But he didn’t just sing once and post a video and BAM he was famous. WRONG. He had been singing and playing instruments for YEARS. He taught himself many skills growing up which lead him to his successful future now. So I want you to think to yourself right now. Are you constantly doing what makes you happy? Are you grinding every day? Do you think you can compare your hustle to Justin’s? If not, something is wrong and you need to step back and evaluate your life. Don’t tell me you “don’t have time” because that is a LIE. Do you work a job 24 hours a day 7 days a week. NOPE, no one does. So guess what that means, YOU have time. You just aren’t utilizing it to your advantage. I don’t care if that means you wake up 10 minutes earlier before you go to work and you spend that 10 minutes doing what you love, because guess what, at the end of the week you will now have 70 minutes of grind time that you never had before! I promise you will inch yourself that much closer to achieve your dream if you just simply,
Save the excuses. It’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time. If it matters. You will make time.
So why not be a little selfish and make time for YOUR goals and YOUR future, rather than slaving away for a cooperation, complaining about your job, yet you don’t allow yourself to make time to build your own empire.
Learn to reevaluate whats important in your life.
Hey guys and welcome back, this time I am writing you from what feels like a whole new me. I have recently gained an eminence amount of self-confidence and motivation. I am determined this year will be MY YEAR. (I’m not kidding) But anyway, FIRST VACATION of 2018 was a huge success. My sister and I took our first trip ALONE. It was crazy. Her just turning 25 years old a week ago (Happy Birthday sis) and myself being 19 it was incredible. We got to take on the world by ourselves and see things through our own prospective. I mean what a better way to start 2018 than in the Bahamas with your sister? Come on, it’s a no brainer lol. But I learned so much in just 5 short days of being on the resort called “Bahama Breeze”.
Lessons learned while in the Bahamas:
- So the first night of our vacation my sister and I got all dressed up and went out to dinner. While after taking our seat a man who worked at the resort came up to us and asked politely if he may sit with us. Of course we let him and right away the conversations had begun. He started in by asking us what we wanted to do when we were older, I told him I was going into the entertainment industry pushing to be an actress. Then the next few sentences that came out of his mouth will stick with me forever. He said, “Never try to be anyone but yourself” he then continued on with “you will be very successful in life if you remain loyal to yourself and never want to be anyone but you.” It was like god had sent down an angel to tell me what needed to be done and then we never spoke the rest of the vacation.
- Two days into the trip we met an amazing group of people all in their 40’s and 50’s, but we immediately became friends with them. They were such great people. After learning that two of the ladies we were friends with had just recently fought breast cancer, it was sad, but proof that you never know what someones going through until you truly sit down and get to know someone. They were such strong women, I am glad they are healthy and kicking cancers ass. But one of those ladies left me with some words I needed to hear that day. She told me “How I should never settle for anything less than I deserve” She went on saying “No one deserves to be treated badly, everyone deserves to be treated like a queen”. The last little bit has truly made a HUGE impact on my life this week. Simply because it has led me to this saying…. “Love will find you, but you must love yourself first”.
- After having a wonderful time in the Bahamas, I was looking at my phone just scrolling through Instagram when this quote that I will now be living by popped up on my screen, “She is at a place in her life where peace is her priority and negativity cannot exist”. When I read that quote I felt like it was placed on my timeline for a specific reason as though god had one last piece of advice for me before I returned home. Trust me it worked, I feel so new. I am at the beginning of my best life and I cannot wait to share it with you.
Besides the lessons I learned, I just overall became so much more aware and thankful of things that I use to take for granted in the past. It’s crazy how unaware you can become when you are blinded by something that you had no idea that was toxic to your life in the first place. But from here on out I have made a pack to myself to focus on MYSELF. Yes people, be selfish, its okay I promise. Because when you’re not, life tends to pass you by and you become less concerned about your own problems and more worried about the situations others are going through. I am not sitting here writing this to tell you to become heartless (because that’s not the case) I am simply telling you its okay to do things because YOU want to. It is okay to do things that make YOU happy even if that means not everyone agrees with you. The simple way of saying this is, it is okay for you to remain you. In fact it is important.
So if you have someone or something that is dragging you down and controlling YOUR life. Get rid of it. Take the pen out of their hand and write your own damn story, because trust me if you don’t do it now 10 years from now you might be filled with regret wondering why you didn’t make the decision sooner.
Quote of the day: “Be better than you’ve ever been before”